As a Principal Software Engineer, he/she will be part of the Software Development Group responsible for the design, development and testing of packet processing, network drivers and fast-path software.
As a Principal Software Engineer, he/she will be responsible for:
- Designing and developing packet processing software for scalable custom network architectures
- Developing Kernel modules, device drivers and network software for custom network platforms
- Developing and integrating software into the Benu Software System to implement and enhance functionality, reliability, and scalability of Benu products
- Testing, Debugging and Verifying the functionality of Benu Software System in different configuration modes, trouble-shooting and identifying the root causes of product deficiencies, and developing resolutions for the deficiencies
- Analyzing issues in Packet processing SW and improve performance, scale and functionality.
- Troubleshoot and tune the packet processing software/firmware and drivers in new and existing hardware architectures
- Collaborating closely with the Software Team across regions and functional groups for design and development of Benu Software, Product User Manuals, Marketing Material, etc.
- Resolve all the issues found by SQA and Customer Lab testing Field deployment
Experience is required in the following areas:
- Network Processor packet processing
- Embedded Linux and Multi-core (SMP) Operating System
- Linux Network Device Driver and TCP/IP Networking
- Network Processing architecture knowledge MIPS/Intel Architectures
- GNU Software ∓ Libraries – GCC, GDB, Cross Development Tools, glibc, POSIX API, POSIX IPC, NPTL (multi-threaded programming), Real Time Task Programming
- Programming Languages – C/C++, Tcl, Shell scripting
- Protocols and Standards – TCP/IP, SSL/TLS (Secure Communications), SSH, RADIUS, DHCP, LTE, IEEE 802.1, IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.11 (WLAN), Tunnelling
The position requires a Masters of Science degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or other closely related field together with 8+ years of experience in network processor software/firmware and device drivers development.