As a Principal Software Engineer, he/she will be part of the Software Development Group responsible for the design, development, and testing of software in the areas of:
- Embedded Linux and Multi-core (SMP) Operating System
- Linux TCP/IP Networking
- Programming Languages – C/C++, Tcl, Shell scripting
- Protocols and Standards – TCP/IP, IPv6, IPSEC, SSL/TLS (Secure Communications), RADIUS, DIAMETER, GRE, L2TP, BGP, OSPF, ISIS, MPLS, DHCP, DHPCv6, LTE, IEEE 802.1, IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.11 (WLAN)
As a Principal Software Engineer, he/she will be responsible for the following professional duties:
- Design the Architecture of Software Subsystems and Inter-connectivity of these subsystems
- Develop Software to enhance functionality, reliability and scalability of Benu Software System and alto to integrate it into Benu Software
- Develop Software Requirements based on Customer Requirements and Customer supplied Specifications & standards
- Estimate the time required for all the Software Development and Unit Test activities and develop overall feature delivery schedule based on feature specifications
- Analyze the impact of changes made and make Unit Test & Integration Test Plans
- Test, Debugging and Verify the functionality of Benu Software System for different configuration modes, trouble-shoot and root cause the product defects, and resolve for these defects expeditiously. Test execution may require setting up simulators, traffic generators and other ancillary test equipment.
- Collaborate closely with the Software Team across regions and functional groups for design and development of Benu Software, Product User Manuals, Marketing Material, etc
- Resolve all the issues found by SQA and Customer Lab testing and eventual Field deployment.
The position requires a Masters of Science degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or other closely related field together with 8+ years of experience in software development.