The Benu Networks Quality Engineering Team is looking for a QA Test Automation Engineer to join our SQA Team in Bangalore. As a member of this geographically dispersed team, you will test and automate various components of the Benu platform that enables Service Providers to manage their wireless deployments. You’ll work with fellow quality engineers, developers and support personnel while overseeing the quality of the Benu solution through robust automation. As an Automation Test Engineer, you will focus on automating functional tests, scaling tests, performance test cases using TCL/TK framework or Python based framework and you will assist in expanding automation framework for supporting multiple platforms.
Primary job responsibilities
- Responsible for automating feature functional test cases, scaling test cases and executing these tests in automated fashion regularly for multiple builds and releases
- Discover regression issues between the builds and releases and verify the bug fixes by running automation
- Provide an accurate and timely status of automation efforts and quality metrics to the broader project team and Ensure that automation coverage is complete for previous release before next release planned for testing.
- Proficient in drafting comprehensive test-cases and test procedures to cover all features as outlined in software requirement documents
- Participate in and contribute to weekly team meetings
- Experience in Linux operating systems, wireless protocols and service provider network architectures with strong automation background.
- Experience in TCL/TK, Python based scripting and must have automated large number of test cases earlier.
- Knowledge of database technologies and TCP /IP networking, GTP, DHCP, DNS, AAA protocols and radius servers is must.
- Experience with router command line interfaces and simple network management protocol
- Experience in importing and exporting automated test results in to Test Database through an API’s.
- Knowledge of routing protocols, access control lists, network address translation and carrier grade NAT
- Experience in troubleshooting internet protocol (IP) packets and experience in characterizing performance of Networking protocols /wireless protocols
- Ability to debug complex performance related issues and test for beyond and above performance numbers committed to customers and partners.
- Thorough Knowledge of usage of TCL/TK automation API’s in network load testing products such as Ixia and Spirent. Python programming is an added advantage to the candidate
- Prior experience with WIFI Gateway product testing is an advantage
- Experience or exposure with new technologies like SDN based systems/solutions is an added advantage.
- Experience with Version Control Systems and Bug Tracking Systems is must
- Thorough Knowledge of usage of test tools like IXIA and Spirent
- 8 or more years of experience in test automation of functional, scaling and/or system testing of networking or wireless products.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience